Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Succulent Roast Pheasant

I am not the most adventurous eater, picky would really describe me. When Louis asked if I would like a pheasant I had just been thinking through a meal plan, telling myself that I needed to think outside my small box.
Louis said to cook it like a chicken so I roasted it in the oven with potatoes, onions, carrots and some herbs.
Here's the package, two pheasants.
Rinse, place in baking dish, add chunks of potato, carrot, onion and any herbs you have on hand, I used rosemary, sage and oregano.

Brush with 2 tablespoons butter, cover with foil, and put into a preheated 450F.oven, after 15 minutes, turn down the temperature to 350F and continue to cook for30-40 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes to brown the meat. A thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the meat should read 190F. 
Here you go, richly browned, tender and perfect next to those roasted potatoes.
Thank you Louis! This was outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment