Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Garlicky Pasta Salad

A potluck dinner this afternoon, I love to take dessert so I challenge myself to take some real food every once in a while. Pasta salad sounded fresh and healthy, lots of chopped veggies and topped with ample parmesan cheese, yum.
So simple, I promise. Boil a 1# box of pasta, shapes of your choice. 
Drain, and set aside.
While it is cooking, chop the following: onion, garlic, green pepper, red pepper, tomato, olives, 1/3 cup of good olive oil, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
This is my favorite pepperoni, it is a much healthier choice, and tastes better than any other I've ever had.
Add all to the drained pasta.
Toss.
Top with 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan.
Even looks yummy from the side.
One day I had to taste it before it cooled, even better! So now we have this cold for picnics or hot topped with shredded mozzarella anytime. It works well in a crock pot set to warm for potluck meals too.
Use different veggies or substitute the olive oil and seasoning for a good Italian dressing, make it yours.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy. Wish the other half ate this type of stuff, otherwise I have to eat it all myself. But I bet it can be cut down some. Hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have made it with as little as a handful of pasta for myself just to use up the bits and pieces of salad or crudite leftovers. I wonder if C would try it since it is so colorful.

    ReplyDelete