Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lime and Cilantro Rice

Instead of lime juice I used Lime essential oil from Young Living, what a difference! I have been making this recipe with lime juice, and of course you still can with delicious results, but I was out of lime so I pulled out the essential oil and wow! Freshly minced cilantro, a few drops of lime oil, and you have a batch of irresistible rice.

Ingredients:
1 cup rice, white or brown
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
6 drops lime oil or juice of 1 small lime
4-6 tablespoons cilantro, minced
3 teaspoons grapeseed oil or olive
Cook rice according to package directions, including the salt mentioned above.
While rice is cooking, mince the cilantro.
In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, grapeseed oil, and lime oil (or juice).

When rice is fully cooked, fluff with fork and add to the cilantro mixture, tossing to combine.

As the hot rice combines with the lime and cilantro the fragrance will be incredible!
 Serve with beans and toppings, beside chicken, or however you want it!
If you are interested in Young Living Essential Oils just leave a comment in the box below, I would love to share how much I enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment