Friday, May 28, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Tart---Super Easy!

I like strawberries but I love easy. This tart qualifies for both so it's a winner.
I had a chunk of puff dough in the freezer I needed to use so rolled it out and "blind baked" it (baked it empty). You can use pie dough or puff dough, home made or from the store freezer according to the package directions or your recipe. I used the laminated yeast dough recipe from the King Arthur Bakers Companion.
Now comes the easy part.
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond flavor
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced

This is the crust after I baked it.
Then beat the cream cheese, almond, vanilla and sugar.
Spread it evenly inside the crust.
Sprinkle with almonds.
Arrange the strawberries around the filling.
Refrigerate until set about an hour. 
Share---if you are feeling nice! This is "farmer Brian", a good friend who came to till my garden, which makes me feel very nice---so I shared.
Cold, rich but not overly sweet. Perfect for a warm summer picnic.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Joanne, who is that "farmer-boy" there! I am pretty sure he enjoyed those strawberries...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete