Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dilly Cucumber Salad

My neighbor is blessing my socks off with overflow from his garden, so how about a simple, easy, fresh cucumber salad.
Serves 4-6
I had dried dill on hand but fresh would be great. There are two choices for the mayo and the sour cream, one for my exceedingly healthy friends and the other with ingredients most people have on hand. 
Ingredients:
2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt (I like Celtic Sea Salt or Realsalt)
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1/4 cup mayo or Veganaise
14 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon dried dill
2 tablespoons minced onion
Directions:
Mix everything, except the cucumbers in a bowl. 


Add the cucumbers, toss to coat. 



Chill, enjoy.


Now wasn't that simple?
I served this with chicken tonight but it is great to double or triple and take to a picnic or potluck/oneg.
Trim Healthy Mama --S

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.

    SBLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete