Thursday, September 22, 2011

Caprese Toast Bites

I was having a big green salad with chicken for dinner and wanted something really tasty to go with it.
Slice a good loaf of bread, French would be ideal but this was a loaf of potato bread I made earlier in the week, very rich but airy.
Top with these:
fresh mozzarella
basil
tomatoes
olive oil
I drizzled a bit of olive oil on the bread,
then arranged the tomato, cheese and basil on top.
Another drizzle of olive oil on top of the tomatoes.
I purchased an empty spray bottle quite some time ago and keep it filled with good extra virgin, cold press olive oil for things like this, makes it so easy to just shoot a little where ever I want it.
Place under the broiler for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread begins to brown and get crisp at the edges.
 The one without tomatoes is for my son, he thinks they are evil....where do they get these ideas?!
 Yum, go make these while the tomatoes are abundant and aromatic.
I might need more than one...

No comments:

Post a Comment