Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spicy, Sweet Peach BBQ Sauce

I wanted something sticky sweet to brush over some chicken breasts so I started with some peaches I had in the freezer.
This peachy experiment turned out so well we will be using it often.
Start with about 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peaches in a small saucepan.
Add the juice of 1 lemon.
Add 1/2 cup ketchup, and 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup water.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until smooth and thick. Use a smart stick to puree or allow to cool then puree in a blender.
Now brush this beautiful, sticky concoction on some chicken and allow to rest in refrigerator for a couple hours. Bake for 45 minutes at 425F. or grill. Grilling would be my preference but I had too much inside work this time.
I served this with potato salad and a garden salad. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment