Friday, April 29, 2011

Hot Coconut Mocha-This One is Healthy

I love Starbucks, but not the sugar or corn syrup, so here is my version of their coconut mocha. It tastes rich and creamy without as much fat or sugar, and it mixes up in a couple minutes. I keep reading how many antioxidants are in real cocoa, coconut milk is lactose free AND tastes great, stevia is a plant which tastes sweet and has lots of fiber, so with all this nutrition and lack of sugar you are probably saying, "yeah, this probably tastes like cardboard". Try this one, it really is good!
If you don't like coconut just use your favorite milk in it's place, that's what I do when I am in the mood for a peppermint mocha and add 2 drops peppermint extract.
Okay, here are the ingredients:
Pour enough coconut milk for the size of your cup into a small saucepan.
Heat this until steamy but don't boil it.
Into your mug, put 1 heaping spoonful instant coffee or 1 packed Starbucks Via ( happiness :), 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa and 1 spoonful of stevia powder or 1 small packet, more or less to your taste, you can always add more but you can't take it out.
Pour the hot milk into the mug, stir. Don't burn your tongue! Yum!
My friend, Tabi, just popped in to surprise me with this new mug and tea, I have such sweet friends, thanks Tabi!

No comments:

Post a Comment