Monday, September 20, 2010

Creamy Cole Slaw With a Kick

My neighbor gave some horseradish starts to me last year, so as I dig these tough roots from the ground my mind whirls around how to incorporate the pungent flavor into more of our meals. This savory cole slaw was where I started, my daughter gave me the original recipe and I didn't deviate much from it.
1 pound shredded green cabbage
2 peeled, shredded carrots
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 cup mayo ( I used Vegeniase)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly grated horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Sometimes I add other shredded or chopped veggies like zucchini, yellow squash,or turnip.
Stir together the mayo, sugar, vinegar, horseradish, salt and pepper.
Taste it, in case it needs more salt.
Toss together the cabbage, onion and carrot in a large bowl.
Toss the cabbage with the dressing, chill and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment