Monday, November 17, 2014

Since We Are In The Kitchen So Often...How About Some Pot Holders!

Sometimes the best gift is simple and useful. Hostess gift, teacher gift, or just something special to dress up your own home?

These pot holders with matching dish towels were easy and fun to make.

First, decide how large you want your pot holders, I don't like big, bulky mitts, I prefer something that protects my hands and is easy to grip the edge of a pan. I measured my favorite pot holder and used those dimensions.

So for materials you will need:
fabric for top and bottom of pot holder
3 layers of cotton batting same dimension
1 package bias tape in coordinating color
thread
1 coordinating dish or hand towel
matching fabric for border of towel (2 1/2 in. x the towel width)

Cut the pieces for each.
 Then stack the layers.
Pin securely.
Apply the bias tape, I like mitered corners but they are nice with curved edges too.
Machine quilt through the center to hold the layers together. I stitched a dreidel in the center of this festive Hanukah fabric.

For the towel, press 1/4 in down along both long sides of strip.
Pin toward one end. Stitch.
I hope you have fun with this little project!

No comments:

Post a Comment