Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Healthy Ice Cream Float?! And Delicious Too!

I was perusing the drink aisle at Whole Foods Market looking for something without sugar yet no artificial sweeteners. When what to my wondering eyes should appear, a black cherry soda sweetened with stevia!
Quick look at the label...no carbs...zero! I just wanted one, I don't usually spend money on drinks, my daughter talked me into the carton of 4, a bit pricey at $4.99 but they sure were good on some hot summer days!
Before the last one was gone, it occurred to me that it would make a wonderful float.
 Next step, make the Trim Healthy Mama Tummy Tucking Ice Cream, found on page 368 of the Trim Healthy Mama book by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett.
Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon stevia (or to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon glucomannan
pinch good salt (my addition)
Mix all in a blender for 3-4 minutes, the glucomannan will make it thick and creamy but takes a few minutes of blending.

Pour into ice cube trays.


 Freeze.
In a food processor, cream the frozen cubes (I used 1/2 the tray for the pictured amount).


Add a teaspoon of cream, tahini, or peanut butter.
Process again for a minute until creamy.
This is delicious alone, covered in melted Skinny Chocolate, or with chunks of Skinny Chocolate added to the last processing step. However, I had something else in mind...




 Oh, my jar is getting frosty!
 Once it settled I added the rest of both soda and ice cream. It was all I had anticipated!
Since Whole Food Market is an hour away from me I went right to the Azure Standard website to see if I could get this tasty soda from their co op. They don't have the black cherry but root beer will be in my next delivery and the price was a little better too!





















No comments:

Post a Comment